What is the surveyors role with the underwriter and claimant?
While we are appointed and our fee is paid by the underwriter we maintain an independent and impartial role with both parties.
- act on the underwriters instructions and engagement
- survey without prejudice to the underwriters liability
- for the circumstance, cause and extent of the loss
- request or assess repair quotations on instruction
- provide loss adjustment service on instruction
- provide reports without prejudice to either party
- report any third party liability or salvage value
- aim for a fair settlement based on the facts
We have worked with Australian, European and North American insurance underwriters, for a wide range of claims for over 13 years.