What is the surveyors role with the claimant and the insurance underwriter?
While we are appointed and our fee is paid by the underwriter, we maintain an independent and impartial role with both parties.
- Act on the underwriters instructions and engagement
- Survey without prejudice to the underwriters liability
- for the circumstance, cause and extent of the loss
- Request and appraise repair quotations on instruction
- Provide loss adjustment service on instruction
- Provide reports without prejudice to either party
- Report any third party liability or salvage value
- Aim for a fair settlement based on the facts
We have been engaged by Australian, European and North American underwriters for 14 years.