Research of conditions effecting insurance risk appraisal by underwriters, based on their experience and claims history.
What conditions effect insurance appraisal?
- Condition of the hull above and below the waterline
- Collision, grounding, laminate, decay or corrosion
- Structural integrity and design of the hull to keel join
- Rudder and steering gear, with emergency steering
- Decks, fittings, and design of cockpits for powerboats
- Condition of the machinery, systems and fuel system
- Integrity of valves, pumps, hose, clamps, vented loops
- 12 VDC, batteries, security, switches, wiring for fire risk
- Compliant 240 VAC to avoid electrocution or fire risks
- Adequacy of the fire fighting equipment and alarms
- Compliant LPG installation, bottle, locker and detectors
- Age and condition of the mast, rigging and shroud plates
- Adequate safety equipment and ground tackle