Our standard pre-purchase survey includes the mast and standing rigging from the deck.
- tie rods
A rig inspection aloft is recommended prior to any extended offshore navigation. We provide this service on request or arrange a professional yacht riggers inspection.
Standing rigging, age and condition for insurance
The things that affect your insurance rating are the age and condition. A riggers inspection certificate is required for your insurance.
The industry norm for cruising yachts is 10 years. Less for racing yachts and multihulls at the discretion of a professional rigger and insurance underwriter.
Scope of mast and rigging survey
- Identification, masthead or fractional, sloop, ketch or multihull rigs
- Aluminium, carbon or timber masts, furlers, boom, gooseneck and vang
- Spreaders, in-line, aft-swept, diamonds, superior & inferior for multihulls
- Keel or deck stepped, partners, compression, shroud plates and tie rods
- SS1x19, dyform, rod or synthetic, continuous or discontinuous shrouds
- On deck for turnbuckles and terminals, bow, backstay and shroud plates
- Aloft for the masthead, spreader, shroud fittings, terminals and fastening
- Running rigging, wire/rope halyards, topping lifts, reef and control lines