Our standard pre-purchase survey includes the mast and standing rigging from the deck. Internal survey for the condition of the maststep, compression, tie rods, shroud plates and fastenings.
A rig inspection aloft is recommended prior to offshore navigation.
We provide this on request or arrange a professional riggers inspection.
Standing rigging, condition for insurance
The factors effecting insurance are the age, use and condition.
A riggers inspection is recommended for insurance appraisal.
The industry norm for cruising yachts is 10 years; less for racing yachts and multihulls.
At the discretion of a professional yacht rigger and the underwriter.
Scope of mast and rigging survey
- Identification of masthead, fractional, sloop, ketch or multihull
- Aluminium, carbon or timber masts, furlers, boom, gooseneck
- In-line, aft-swept, diamond, superior & inferior spreaders
- Keel/deck step, compression, tie rods, shroud plates, fastenings
- SS 1×19, dyform, rod or synthetic, continuous or discontinuous
- Turnbuckles, swage terminals, bow, backstay, shroud fittings
- Masthead, spreader, shroud fittings, terminals, and fastenings
- Running rigging, halyards, topping lifts, reefing and control lines