Our role with the claimant and underwriter
While we are appointed and our fee is paid by the underwriter, we maintain an independent and impartial role with both parties, which includes:
- act on the underwriters instructions,
- without prejudice to the underwriters liability,
- for the circumstance, cause and extent of loss,
- appraise repair quotations on instruction,
- loss adjustment service on instruction,
- reports without prejudice to either party,
- report any third party liability or salvage, and
- aim for a fair settlement based on the facts.
We have been engaged by Australian, European
and North American underwriters since 2004.