What may affect insurance appraisal?
Conditions which may effect appraisal include:
- condition of the hull above and below the waterline,
- grounding, laminate, decay or corrosion damage,
- structural integrity including the hull to keel joint,
- rudder and steering gear, with emergency steering,
- decks, fittings, and design of cockpits for powerboats,
- condition of the machinery, systems and fuel system,
- integrity of valves, pumps, hose, clamps, vented loops,
- 12 volt, batteries, security, switches, wiring for fire risk,
- compliant 240 VAC to prevent electrocution or fire risk,
- adequacy of the fire fighting equipment and alarms,
- compliant LPG installation, bottle, locker and detectors,
- age and condition of mast, rigging, sails and shroud plates,
- adequate compliant safety equipment and ground tackle.