Our pre-purchase survey includes the mast and rigging from the deck.
Internal survey of the maststep, compression, tie rods and shroud plates.
A rig inspection aloft is recommended prior to offshore navigation. We provide this service or arrange a riggers inspection.
Condition of standing rigging for insurance
The factors effecting insurance are the age, use and condition. The industry norm for cruising yachts is 10 years; less for racing yachts and multihulls, at the discretion of a professional rigger and the underwriter.
Scope of a rig inspection and report
- identification, masthead, fractional, sloop, ketch or multihull
- aluminium, carbon or timber masts, furlers, boom, gooseneck
- in-line, aft-swept, diamond, superior and inferior spreaders
- keel/deck step, compression, tie rods, shroud plates, fastenings
- SS 1×19, dyform, rod or synthetic, continuous or discontinuous
- turnbuckles, swage terminals, bow, backstay and shroud plates
- masthead, spreader, shroud fittings, terminals, lights, aerials
- running rigging, halyards, topping lifts, reefing and control lines