Our standard pre-purchase survey includes the mast and standing rigging from the deck. Internal survey for the condition of the maststep, compression, tie rods, shroud plates and fastenings.
A rig inspection aloft is recommended prior to offshore navigation. We provide this service or arrange a professional riggers inspection.
Condition of standing rigging for insurance
The factors effecting insurance are the age, condition.and use.
A riggers inspection is recommended for insurance appraisal.
The industry norm for cruising yachts is 10 years; less for racing yachts and multihulls, at the discretion of a professional yacht rigger and the underwriter.
The scope of a rig inspection includes:
- identification, masthead, fractional, sloop, ketch, multihull,
- aluminium, carbon or timber masts, furlers, boom, gooseneck,
- in-line, aft-swept, diamond, superior and inferior spreaders,
- keel/deck step, compression, tie rods, shroud plates, fastenings,
- SS 1×19, dyform, rod or synthetic, continuous or discontinuous,
- turnbuckles, swage terminals, bow, backstay and shroud plates,
- masthead, spreader, shroud fittings, terminals, lights, aerials aloft,
- running rigging, halyards, topping lifts, reefing and control lines.